Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Sunday, December 29, 2002  

It was the playwright Arthur Miller who said, "A good newspaper is a nation talking to itself, I suppose." I agree completely, and bring up the point because a few people have mentioned to me that many of my posts on this blog involve me quoting stories and opinions from newspapers, particularly T&T's two main dailies, the Express and the Guardian. While this is true, I do not however, simply cut and paste. I add my own two cents' worth as well, as do most other bloggers who quote from the media. In this way, blogging is, as a friend put it, a media critiquing tool, and one that it would seem is gaining steady ground and legitimacy.

I just think that if a newspaper is a nation talking to itself, then what I do here is in its own little way, the self talking back.

posted by Jonathan | 3:16 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me