Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Thursday, December 19, 2002  

Someone I know said to me recently that at 28, she feels old. She did not say it with anxiety, or sadness, or even resignedly. She just said it. To her, and to anyone else who, whatever their age feels time's winged chariot drawing near, I dedicate these lines from Ogden Nash:

Time is timelessness for you;
Calendars for the human;
What's a year, or thirty, to
Loveliness made woman?
Oh, Night will not see thirty again,
Yet soft her wing, Miranda;
Pick up your glass and tell me, then -
How old is Spring, Miranda?







posted by Jonathan | 10:13 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me