Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Saturday, December 14, 2002  

There are few joys to compare with those afforded by a good meal, enjoyed with great company. This evening found me at the Swan Chinese restaurant on Maraval Road in Port of Spain partaking of both. I cannot praise Swan's cuisine enough - chef/owner Kenny (I'll get his surname next time) is simply a genius, an artist, no less. Our menu consisted of shrimp, two types - one deep friend, Szechwan style, the other butterflied and done Japanese style; tofu and vegetables sizzling in a hot pot, jasmine rice and Singapore noodles. Chinese tea (complimentary) ended proceedings. I also had my first Carlsberg, the latest foreign lager to land on our shores, and found it wonderfully light and clear. A perfect complement to the meal.

posted by Jonathan | 9:48 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me