Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Tuesday, January 07, 2003  

Adventures in shallot, Part II

Since my Sunday post about shallots, I received a few suggestions on how I could incorporate them in my cooking. Two I intend to try: omelette with shallots and a cold salad with a dressing of shallots in red wine vinegar and olive oil.

This evening though I made another pasta dish, a seafood dish with shrimp, tomatoes (fresh and sun dried, and a bit of canned), and olives (cocktail, which is what I had to hand, though the recipe called for black) as the main ingredients, along with the shallot, of course. A bit of garlic too, this time and fresh parsley in lieu of basil. (I need to start an herb garden; present living conditions aren't optimal.) Grated parmesan topped off the dish.

Stay tuned for further shallot instalments, if you can stand the suspense.

posted by Jonathan | 10:28 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me