Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Sunday, January 19, 2003  

Hot off the television: The Hours, based on Michael Cunningham's Pulitzer Prize-winning homage to Virginia Woolf and her novel Mrs. Dalloway has been named best dramatic film at this year's Golden Globe awards.

I haven't read The Hours, but Mrs. Dalloway is my favourite Woolf novel; I also found the film quite engaging. I must say I am looking forward to seeing The Hours (and Nicole Kidman's prosthetic schnozz).

And I wonder what Nicholas, Virginia's #1 fan, thinks of all of this?

posted by Jonathan | 11:33 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me