Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Thursday, January 30, 2003  

On Tuesday of this week, the national airline, BWIA, laid off 617 of its employees. Or was it 576? Or 447? If you read the lead stories in the Express, Guardian, Newsday and Wire yesterday, you would have had your pick of all three figures.

The Express and Guardian claimed a figure of 617; the Wire reported it to be 576 (as sister publication to the Guardian, you'd think they would have both had the same figure) and the Newsday weighed in with 447.

They say you can't believe everything you read in the papers. These days, I don't know if I can believe anything I read in them. More on this in my next post.











posted by Jonathan | 8:13 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me