Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Tuesday, February 11, 2003  

Thy strong arms are around me, love
My head is on thy breast;
Low words of comfort come from thee
Yet my soul has no rest.

For I am but a startled thing
Nor can I ever be
Aught save a bird whose broken wing
Must fly away from thee. . . .

- From the poem "Worn Out" by Elizabeth Siddal, wife of the poet and artist Dante Rossetti. Siddal committed suicide on February 11 in 1862. 101 years later to the day, Sylvia Plath also took her own life.








posted by Jonathan | 8:50 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me