Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Monday, June 30, 2003  

She plays "Wipeout" on the drums
The squirrels and the birds come
Gather around to sing the guitar
Oh I...have you got nothing to say
When all words fail she speaks
Her mix tape's a masterpiece
Walks through the garden
so the roses can see
Oh I...have you got nothing to say
And you can see the daisies
in her footsteps
Dandelions, butterflies
I wanna be Kate

Everyday she wears the same thing
I think she smokes pot
She's everything I want
She's everything I'm not
Oh. I...Have you got nothing to say
She never gets wet
She smiles and it's a rainbow
And she speaks and she breathes
I wanna be Kate
Down by Rosemary and Cameron
She hands out the Bhagavad Gita
I see her around every couple days
I wanna meet her so that
I can say...hey Kate

- "Kate" by the Ben Folds Five, from the 1996 album Whatever And Ever Amen

posted by Jonathan | 8:34 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me