Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Monday, November 03, 2003  

Mary Mukeki, 53, seated at the back waiting for her grandchildren to arrive, was troubled upon hearing about Canon Robinson. "It's not nice. God made men and women to be together."

Another grandmother, Joy Brady, 50, who played the church organ, was less sure. "I don't know whether to applaud or put it down. I can't judge, I don't know how many sins I've committed."

Isabel Louw, 63, resplendent like many of the congregation in her Sunday finery, reckoned it was better for gays to be open. "Like my daughter, she's a lesbian."

posted by Jonathan | 9:43 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me