Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Friday, April 09, 2004  

So why does he choose to be alone? "Well, you see, I consider that to be a privilege. I don't feel like I live alone because I've made a terrible mistake or I'm difficult to look at. Can you imagine being able to do what you like and never having to put up with any other person? And their relatives.

"You can constantly develop when you're by yourself. You don't when you're with someone else. You put your own feelings on hold and you end up doing things like driving to supermarkets and waiting outside shops - ludicrous things like that. It really doesn't do."

-- No change here, then: the evergreen Morrissey is back, with a new album (You Are The Quarry) and an interview in the UK Guardian Friday Review. (Just how little has changed: one of the songs on the new album is titled, "How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?".)

posted by Jonathan | 6:39 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me