Notes from a small island
A weblog by Jonathan Ali


Wednesday, February 23, 2005  

I seek an image, not a book.  
Those men that in their writings are most wise  
Own nothing but their blind, stupefied hearts.   
I call to the mysterious one who yet  
Shall walk the wet sands by the edge of the stream  
And look most like me, being indeed my double,  
And prove of all imaginable things  
The most unlike, being my anti-self,   
And standing by these characters disclose  
All that I seek; and whisper it as though  
He were afraid the birds, who cry aloud  
Their momentary cries before it is dawn,  
Would carry it away to blasphemous men.

-- From "Ego Dominus Tuus", W.B. Yeats

posted by Jonathan | 9:33 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

save boissiere house
archives
links
Bina Shah
Nicholas Laughlin
Caribbean Free Radio
Antilles
StudioFilmClub
Global Voices
Jessie Girl
Club Soda and Salt
Caribbean Cricket
Seldo
Titilayo
Jai Arjun Singh
email me